terms & conditions
Purchase of this ticket constitutes full agreement and acceptance by the purchaser to all terms and conditions set forth herein.
- A ticket represents a chance to win the opportunity to accept an offer of the stated prize on the terms and conditions hereof. If you hold a ticket, your ticket has been entered into the raffle, subject to these terms and conditions. Winning tickets shall be selected by random drawing and all participants have an equal opportunity to win. Tickets, receipts and the winners’ rights are not transferable.
- Winners must be a U.S. resident and 18 years of age or older to win any prize. Winners need not be present to win.
- Winners must accept prizes “AS IS”, without alterations or additions and subject to all latent and patent conditions, with absolutely no express or implied representations or warranties of any kind whatsoever given by The Emerge Center, Inc. (collectively, “Emerge”).
- Winner will be notified in writing. Winner will have seven (7) days from the date of receipt to accept the prize. Failure to the prize “as is”, within a reasonable time will automatically result in forfeiture of the prize, with no substitution or alternative prize available to the original winner. In the event of forfeiture by a winner, an additional winner will be drawn from the remaining eligible entries.
- Prize will not be awarded, and will be forfeited, if the ticket was issued in exchange for a check returned for “insufficient funds” or for a credit card charge deemed “declined,” “invalid,” or “stolen.”
- Prizes may not be substituted or exchanged by winner. No cash settlement will be awarded on any prize.
- The IRS has adopted the position that the ticket price is not deductible as a charitable donation for Federal income tax purposes.
- All sales of raffle tickets are final and nonrefundable.
- Winner shall have no right, title or interest in any prize until such prize is unconditionally accepted by winner “as-is, where-is”, including the complete delivery of the prize to winner. Until such time, all prizes remain the sole property of Emerge.
- Acceptance of a prize is permission for Emerge to use the name, picture, video image, and relevant quotes of winner, in Emerge’s sole discretion. Additionally, acceptance of a prize is agreement by the winner that the prize will not be used for fundraising for an entity other than Emerge.
- Winner is subject to all Federal and State income taxes and any other taxes payable due to acceptance of the prize and the law, regulations, procedures, rules and directives applicable to raffles. All federal, state and local laws relating to the transfer, ownership or use of the prize applies. Prize shall not be transferred until all legal requirements have been met. Winner of each car agrees sticker (list) price will be used to determine the value of each car for income tax and all other purposes. The IRS requires that taxes on prizes valued greater than $5,000 must be paid upon acceptance and before Emerge may deliver the prize to the winner. Winners are encouraged to consult a tax professional.
- Employees of Robinson Brothers Ford Lincoln and their immediate families are not eligible to participate. “Immediate Family” is defined as the spouse, parents, grandparents, great-grandparents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of the employee and his/her spouse. This definition also includes individuals for whom an employee is the current legal guardian or individuals who are not legally related to but who reside with an employee. (“Step” relationships also are covered by this definition.) The determinations of Robinson Brothers are final and binding with respect to any matter arising out of the interpretation or application of these terms and conditions.
- Emerge maintains no control of the personnel, equipment or operations of any supplier and assumes no responsibility for any financial loss, personal injury, property damage, other loss, accident, delay, inconvenience or irregularity which winners may experience by reason of (1) performance or nonperformance of prize; or (2) wrongful, careless, negligent, or unauthorized acts or omissions on the part of any supplier or its employees, or on the part of any other party not under the direct control of Emerge. Emerge shall in no event be liable for direct, indirect, special or consequential damages arising from the use or ownership of any prizes. Participants hereby expressly release Emerge from any and all such claims.
- Only an individual, as opposed to any organization, including, but not limited to, corporations, partnerships or unincorporated associations may be the recipient of each prize.
- If there is more than one name on an entry, the prize will be awarded to the first name listed on the entry as the winner, so long as that person is 18 years old or older and a U.S. resident. It is the sole responsibility of the winner in a multiple party entry to allocate any prize among the participants in that entry.
- Void where prohibited by law.